Oris presents a new special edition of its iconic Oris Divers Sixty-Five to collaborate with the Movember Foundation, an international charity committed to promoting a more healthy and lasting life for men, addressing issues such as prostate cancer, testicular cancer, health mental and suicide prevention.
A foundation that, as its name makes intuitive -Mo, mustache, and -November, November-went viral for encouraging men to grow their mustache over the next month to help raise awareness of health issues by those who cares. It has more than 5,000,000 sympathizers – or Mo Bros and Mo Sistas – around the world.
Technical Specifications – Oris Divers Sixty-Five Movember Edition
- 40mm case diameter with stainless steel. Also, sophisticated and furry.
- Bubble-curved sapphire quartz on the front.
- Attached stainless steel case back.
- Crown adds with screw.
- Diver’s unidirectional bezel with black aluminium piece.
- 600ft water resistance.
- Movement: Oris Cal. 733, based on Sellita SW 200-1.
- 38h power standby.
- 4Hz frequency and hours, minutes, seconds and date.
- Strap: Brown leather strap with stainless steel pin buckle and heat-stamped Movember logo.
- Additional tricolour Bordeaux red.
- Beige and dark brown NATO textile strap with stainless steel pin buckle
- Reference: 01 733 7707 4084.
- Availability: Non-limited special edition.
Unlike the Oris Divers Sixty-Five we have been accustomed to lately, this new version reduces its size to 40 millimeters of the 2015 model, instead of the 42 of the latest versions. Similarly, the date window resets at 6 o’clock instead of at 3 o’clock, as in larger models.
In the sphere
Attention is drawn to the indices and needles in pink gold with Super-LumiNova, which, on the matte black dial, get that vintage vintage air of this model, which also contribute its aluminum bezel and its two straps; a skin with the logo of the foundation – a mustache, of course – and another NATO type in burgundy and beige.
As for the references to the Movember foundation
In addition to the belt, the bottom of the box shows the engraving ‘Oris Movember Edition’, but they do not appear in the sphere. Inside, as usual, we find the Oris 733 automatic caliber, based on a movement Selita 200-1, with a power reserve of 38 hours.
During the next month of November, in addition to launching the clock on sale, Oris will also host different acts in different countries to support the foundation. The price of this new special edition, which is not limited, Oris Divers Sixty-Five Movember Edition, is near about $2000.